Friday 9 March 2012

Le Silver Locks

My love ++ Inspiration (Agyness Deyn)
 So recently I've been approached at work, University and just generally asked questions about my hair since I've had it this colour. its nothing particularly spectacular, however I think many people find it quite unusual. I've always been inspired by the silver/white look for many years, and believe me it took many years to achieve. However I now know how to quickly turn hair silver, due to a bad experience i had a few months ago. 


I already had blonde hair, however I gradually started bleaching it more and more to achieve the colour I wanted, it really didn't seem to be resulting in the colour I had hoped, so I was advised on using 'blue shampoo' by my hairdresser. i went straight to Sallys, which is a shop that contains many products of which are used within salons.

I experimented with a few blue shampoos, however none seemed to be really working on my hair. I was recommended 'clynol' wich is about £10 and is absolutely amazing! the bottle says use it once a week but I'm that obsessed with silver hair that I just use it every time I shower oooops! it is a deep violet blue colour and believe me, it really does have an effect on the hair (..and hands). It literally stains a blue colour so if you want a blue shade then this is perfect.

However I became quite used to my hair colour and wanted a change (as always). This was a stupid idea, good at the time, but bad in the long run. I really wanted an auburn brown colour so dyed my silver locks, I had this colour for a few months, and yes I grew bored of this too, and wanted to gradually go back silver. This was the hardest challenge. My hairdresser warned me of the outcome if she put bleach on my colour, however I really didn't care I just wanted the silver back! My hair then practically all fell out as the bleach had dried every inch of my hair, I then had to get it cut really short, I literally could not wash or brush it as it was that dead! 

I was advised to let the bleach all grow out and start again however i couldn't wait, I really felt so upset with the fact I was practically bald. I think your hair makes your appearance, as a bad hair day can result in you feeling quite effortless and generally just crappy. So I waited till my roots were a few inches and then decided to dye it. My hair was then YELLOW! I literally wanted to cry, i was getting nowhere, and I was walking around feeling ugly all the time. I really thought nothing would fix it. I purchased a toner, which everyone advised me to use 'la riche directions toner' I purchased this in white and put it onto my roots when damp. I left it for about 20 minutes and I definitely noticed a change, i was very happy :)! I then just continued to use this and my blue shampoo and this is how i got to were i am now, and believe me I will not be changing my hair colour for a long time!!! 

  OH..... when my roots grow through I dye it myself, as I am now afraid of the hairdressers. I use an AMAZINGGG blue under-toned bleach called 'freeze ice lites'
Theirs the hair for ya

Hopefully this helped and answers many of the questions i receive!!!
p.s iv ordered more MAC lipsticks YAY, Debenhams are having 25% off! i am very excited to receive my lipsticks!!!
byebye 

No comments:

Post a Comment