Tuesday 24 December 2013

The Perfect Christmas Eve Night / Baking

MERRY CHRISTMAS ! YAY

So my parents are asleep on the couch and their is literally nothing on TV ... sounds about right

unfortunately the busy town of Sunderland needed their coffee fix so once again I was at work today. However once I finished I couldn't wait to get the train home and spend Christmas eve eating, baking and watching 'Home Alone'... but thanks to every channel, that wasn't on... so 'Shrek the halls' it was... great!

If your going to jump into anything on Christmas eve it has to be a bath! ..and after my day at work I definitely needed one!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE 'LUSH' bath bombs. They are just great and smell absolutely amazing!!

......and what says festive like a ' father Christmas' bath bomb ... although it looked more like some sort of gremlin with a Santa hat.


.......and of course... fresh new PJ'S


My dad had spent the day baking yummy pastry goodies



So this year I am in charge of making desert. I am not going to lie but I am pretty good at making cheesecake, so I thought I would bake my own and put my own twist on it.

INGREDIENTS

3 eggs lightly beaten
900 grams of softened cheese
1/3 cup of sugar
1 cup of sugar
1 1/2 of digestive biscuits
2 tbsp of flour
1 tsp of vanilla
1 lemon
60 ml of milk
1/3 melted butter





I began with crushing up my digestive biscuits and adding a whole cup of sugar. This is what will make your yummy base.









After adding the melted butter the biscuity base should form a sand like texture after mixing it all together. I then poured my mixture into my spring form pan and flattened it out with my fingers.



Because I will be BAKING my cheesecake I will need to cook it in a water bath. This is really important and crucial if you want an even bake, and it will also prevent cracking in the cheesecake.

To prevent hot water leaking into your cheesecake in the process, I folded tin foil and created a barrier around my cheesecake.












Now for the cheesecake......



Mix your softened cheese, sugar, vanilla and wisk



Then add three lightly beaten eggs and grated lemon and wisk again














Then your ready to pour this on top of that buttery biscuit base








Place your cheesecake into a large pan and fill with boiling hot water so that it comes quite high

After you have pre heated your oven to 180 your cheesecake can then be placed in the oven and can be left to bake for 30 -35 minutes. After this turn off the temperature and leave in the oven. Once the hour is up you can take out your cheesecake and let it cool.


So my cheesecake turned out perfect, however my plan for tomorrow is to chop a load of fruit  and decorate it, but you can see the finishing result tomorrow 




Last night I caught up with some of my lovely friends from BIZR !!! It was so lovely to have a few cocktails and spend time with my friends that I had missed so much!!!




I wore my TOPSHOP - velvet top £36.00

and my AMERICAN APPAREL - DISCO PANTS - £70

and my new RIVER ISLAND boots - £35 in SALE YAY

LIPSTICK - MAC - DIVA
Hope you all have a great night 

bye 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment